The Apex NF600 Rangefinder is designed specifically for disc golf. Using a 905 nanometer class 1 laser to measure the distance between an object and the rangefinder. This is ideal to determine the distance between yourself and the disc golf basket, or any other target on the fairway. This can also be used as part of course design: providing accurate distances from possible tees to targets. It can deliver the distance in yards, feet, or meters.
The biggest difference bettween this model and the NP600 (white) is that this model (NF600 black) uses a replaceable battery and is black. The NP600 (white) is rechargeable and comes with a cable.
The NF600 has multiple modes to give you the most accurate measurement. These are the modes you can use:
1. Slope Distance - default mode, measuring distances between an object and the rangefinder
2. Vertical Distance - measures the distance, elevation difference, and the angle
3. Horizontal Distance - measures continual slope distance, angle and horizontal distance
4. Speed Measurement - measures the speed of an object (moving toward or away from the rangefinder
5. Height Measurement - measures the height difference between two objects
6. Closest and Farthest - measures the distance of several different objects; displaying the closest or the farthest
7. Distance Compensation - measures the recommended throwing distance to an object (the distance may be 300' but up hill, which will feel more like 350' throw thus it will suggest 350')
8. Storage - this will show the last 20 readings you took